Sunday, December 19, 2010

My First Prim Doll .

        I know I know ..... It has been a long time since my last Blog , That is because I have been haveing to much fun  living the Creative life, Taking Doll workshops and Teaching  doll making too ,  Attending bead shows , Quilt shows and Hunting for treasures . To say the least I have been haveing a GRAND time . 
       Over the past  few monthes I have created more than a few Dolls and hope to post them over the next couple  weeks , So please scroll down to check out one of the  Dolls I finished over the summer .  Peace and love Heather.   
 This is my first Prim Style doll and my First paper clay Doll Too...  Her Name is Marion she is only 8 inches tall .  I named her Marion after my Grand Mother  . The tea dyed vintage  doiley used to create her waist coat  once belonged to my  Grand Mother , I am so lucky  to have been given many lacy doiley from her . I finished Marions outfit with pink satin ribbon , tiny pink  beads and a few  tiny  vintage pearls. Her pink Hat is a polymer clay creation of mine .  
 

Marion's Little Prim feet  . Her  shoes are painted bronze  and trimmed with gold  , I gave them a glassy high shine with Triple thick Glaze . Her pants are made from a vintage silk christening gown and  bits of vintage trim.

Marion 's hair is a natural silky goat hair,  a wonderful gift from my dear friend Colleen Athens . She is painted with one of the Hanni Sarris farie skin paints and  crackled with Jo Sonjas  Crackle Mediun , Then antiqued with a wash of brown acrlic paint , a coat or two of Duncan Mat spray  gave her a nice smooth finish

No comments: