Monday, February 21, 2011

Solstice has sleeves

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I hate to say it but I struggle with Sleeves on my polymer clay Dolls and Solstice proved to be No different , the first sleeves were to short and to pouffe ,the second set just didn't thrill me something about the gathers at the shoulder... but on my third attempt I GOT IT !  I'm happy with them .
          I applied  lace to the sleeve that I first Stiffened with " Stiffen Stuff" spray , after the spray dried ( with help from a hot Iron ) I added  some " Stickles" in  frosted lace to parts of the lace...ugh  that stuff took hrs to dry. But gave a nice icy  texture to the lace , a few  tiny dots of golden glitter glue created bead like accents  too . I know that the embellishing of her sleeves has just begun ... check back in a few to see her costume evolve .

1 comment: