Monday, February 6, 2012

Treasure Hunting Saturday !

   A Treasure Hunting Trip in winter is just a little different than Hitting Flea Mkt's and yard sales like I do April through November. Its Hunting goodies at the Antique Shops and the out of the way little places,Yes it can be a little pricey but I love it all the same.
   I Hopped in the car about 11 am and drove to Andover,a beautiful 40 min drive though the rolling hills of N.J ... I love the shops on rt 206, Many are Co-ops having dozens of dealers under on roof. I do shop several of them often so I feel free to haggle only paying what I feel is a good price.. 


      12 vintage Doilies  .5 vintage post cards one in a glassine envelope  ,1 calling card shaped like a painters       pallet .. A perfect pair of  vintage Black leather gloves and a hand full old of  buttons... Total cash spent  23 bucks..  The relaxing time spent rummaging and picking  PRICELESS !

2 comments:

Elizabeth Parsons said...

nice! I love the antique shops of Jersey- they are terrific! I'll have to take a drive out that way sometime. Hope to see you soon!

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

you are good at this....!!!! Your "Taurus" ways help you to find the best cheapest deals!!! haha